We are currently recruiting for:
Mental Health Support Worker/Rehab Coach
We are The Goodwood Park Healthcare Group. A well-established, innovative, and leading provider of community and residential social services for people who have a Mental Health Illness or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). We constantly strive to ensure our clients are receiving services that are of the highest quality, and promote better health and wellbeing.
We are currently recruiting for Mental Health Support Workers and Rehabilitation Coaches to work with our Mental Health and TBI clients at various sites across Auckland, particularly West Auckland, and Ramarama/South Auckland.
We have full time, part time, and casual work available across all seven days of the week. There are a variety of different shifts available both day and night, so there is quite a lot of flexibility in work hours if you desire.
About the role:
As a Mental Health Support Worker or Rehabilitation Coach you will work with our clients to provide support and encouragement as they go about their daily tasks. You will be responsible for maintaining their safety and providing guidance whilst joining them on various outings and participating in daily activities.
You will help to foster hope, identify strengths and develop resilience, recognising that these are key components of the approach to leading a more positive and independent life.
The overall purpose of this role is to achieve a maximised level of independence for our clients, whilst providing a positive and safe living environment.
What you will need:
- A level 4 qualification in Mental Health or equivalent - preferred but not essential as the organisation is willing to support the right people in gaining qualifications.
- Demonstrated commitment to recovery models
- Demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- A full NZ Drivers Licence
- A high attention to detail as documentation is an important part of this role
- An empathetic and kind nature
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay rate.
- Learn as you earn - you don't need a qualification, just the drive to complete a Certificate in Health & Wellbeing during your time with us, but even better if you already have this qualification!
- Lots of training on offer.
You will be well rewarded in exchange for your hard work! Our organisation provides support and coaching for new learning opportunities and we take pride in developing our staff whilst also growing our services.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to take apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The Goodwood Park Healthcare Group is a well-established, innovative, and leading provider of community and residential social services for people who have Mental Illness or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). We consistently strive to ensure our clients are receiving services that promote better health and wellbeing with an emphasis on living the best life possible.
Our organisation runs a variety of residential and community services. Currently, we are looking for Occupational therapist to provide clinical services to our clients at a number of our residential and community services, primarily in West Auckland.
You will contribute towards effective and innovative methods of rehabilitation, supporting clients in their recovery.
The core tasks of this role include:
- Conducting clinical assessments to evidence outcome measures
- Developing and implementing high quality client rehabilitation plans in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, including discharge planning
- Establishing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with clients and acting as their keyworker
- Working collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Participation in multi-disciplinary meetings within the organisation and case reviews with funders or stakeholders
- Coaching and supporting Support workers with goal planning and interventions
- Engaging and supporting the introduction of intentional peer support
Our ideal health professional for this role will possess the following skills and attributes:
- The ability to work alongside and model positive outcomes with clients and their family/ whānau, through enthusiasm, innovation and a willingness to learn new approaches and techniques
- Able to produce reports and work to deadlines, demonstrate resilience and maintain a positive attitude
- An Annual Practising Certificate or Membership of a Professional Body
- Team oriented and a great communicator
- A full NZ drivers licence
- Proficient computer literacy – Microsoft suite
- NZ residency/valid NZ working visa
We are an organisation that values high performance and can offer:
- Competitive remuneration and flexible work options
- Unique learning opportunities with a strong emphasis on growing the skill and knowledge base of staff
- Clinical/Educational leadership
- Maintenance of your registration
- Access to professional supervision and peer support
If you are interested in this role and the opportunity to grow and be a part of an innovative team, apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ad for Registered Nurse
Goodwood Seadrome Limited is an established dementia unit and private hospital in Massey, West Auckland. It can accommodate 20 private hospital clients and 25 clients in the dementia unit. Our service has close links with the local community and we are close to neighbouring schools, parks and a shopping centre.
Our primary goal is the provision of person centred care that has a strong focus on family/whānau, and cultural responsiveness.
About the Role
As a Registered Nurse, your genuine passion for helping others and making a difference to our resident’s quality of life will be evident in everything you do, as will your ability to empathise and put yourself in their shoes.
- Manage a care team to deliver the highest quality, person-first, care
- Preparation of high-quality care plans and assessments (using the interRAI system)
- Maintaining quality care documentation
- Ensure safe medication administration (using Medimap), best practice wound care and clinical support for our residents, in line with resident needs and legislative requirements
- Actively engaging in client reviews with the Team, the DHB and other providers to ensure best practice
- Adhering to all relevant legislative requirements and quality guidelines
Skills and Experience
- Registration with the Nursing Council
- Experience working within the aged care sector is ideal, but we also welcome new graduates
- The ability to work as part of a tight knit team and delegate effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Employees boast about the supportive and professional working environment within our home. A focus is placed on providing continual growth and development opportunities to our employees, to allow you to reach your desired career aspirations. Employees enjoy working within our home because of the strong supportive team environment.
- Work close to home in one of our many community-based homes
- Flexibility across our 24/7 operations
- Clinical learning opportunities and more through both online and face to face training
Your remuneration would be commensurate with your experience but current rates are $29 per hour for entry level RN’s increasing with experience and qualifications up to $39 per hour.