The service design has had input from, staff and clients, the Waitemata DHB teams, other providers of services for this client group, families/whānau and our architects.
The design features several two bedroom units, which can also be turned into individual studio apartments for those who find community living difficult, and two four bedroom homes.
Features of the site also include:
- A large office with great sight lines to all accommodation units
- A recreation building delivering multiple activities
- A high care unit to prevent clients being admitted to hospital
- Family/whānau accommodation
- Clever use of architecture to create a flowing space
- Native landscaping to attract wildlife and provide calming areas
- Modern building materials which are strong and durable