Te Roopu Mana Tautoko ... read more
National Certificate in Brain Injury SupportWe are upskilling our Rehabilitation Support Staff by offering the National Certificate in Brain Injury Support (NZQA, Level 4) – which is supported by Careerforce. This qualification is designed for support workers in a residential or community-based setting who support people after brain injury. It ensures they have the appropriate knowledge and skills in the rehabilitation of a person after brain injury to perform their role and provide quality support.
Learning and assessments for this qualification happen within the workplace, staff are supported with monthly in house training, which follows a framework that sits alongside the qualification. The qualification covers the following topics, and has been tailored to meet the needs of our organisation:
• Rehabilitation and support after brain injury.
• The structure of the human brain.
• The effects of brain injury on cognitive function.
• The effects of brain injury on life roles.
• The effects of brain injury on behavior
• Psychological wellbeing of a person after brain injury
• The effects of brain injury on physical functioning
• Effects of brain injury on communication
• Managing fatigue after brain injury.
Currently we have around 50 staff enrolled in the qualification, with 20 of these individuals about to graduate.